By Beth Huntington
Take secondhand unearths from frumpy to magnificent with a bit support from Beth Huntington, a.k.a. the Renegade Seamstress. The Refashion instruction manual comprises 19 trendy tasks, each one displaying you ways to remodel easy-to-find goods right into a higher healthy, a brand new layout, or an intensive makeover. study the fundamentals of refashioning: tips on how to degree, reshape, healthy, and end a garment, so it suits you completely. Plus dimension? Petite? No challenge! Beth s designs flatter a wide selection of sizes and physique varieties. Her effortless concepts are enjoyable for even starting sewists. You ll love growing your personal secondhand chic!"
Read Online or Download The Refashion Handbook: Refit, Redesign, Remake for Every Body PDF
Best crafts books
Eric Gjerde demonstrates 25 of his favourite tessellations and turns them into initiatives for newbies in addition to skilled origamists. With step by step directions, illustrated crease styles, and how-to pictures, you'll discover ways to create those very good designs your self. Eric's first e-book covers the basics of origami tessellations, presents heritage, and describes basic starting strategies with specific illustrations and images.
Twenty-five beautiful origami tasks of aquatic creatures characteristic mollusks, crustaceans, frogs, fishes, and sea mammals. Ranging in hassle from easy to advanced, versions comprise Siamese scuffling with fish, walrus, whales, conches, swordfish, crab, lobster, and so on. Step-by-step illustrations increase the detailed directions.
Chain maille styles and weaves that take jewellery layout into new frontiers!
Jewelry artists will take pleasure in a suite of latest, less-common weaves and demanding initiatives that motivate and educate.
Author Karen Karon starts off by means of reviewing simple chain maille weaves with a purpose to set the degree for the extra advanced weaves during this ebook. She explains recommendations wanted whilst operating past the fundamentals: tools for ultimate a weave, operating with micro jewelry, operating huge scale, and utilizing substitute fabrics in weaves. The ebook is then divided into four sections, every one dedicated to a selected form of weave: new Persian weaves, Elf-based weaves, Hybrid weaves, and Scale Maille weaves that include sheet steel scales into conventional weaves for a remarkable influence. Sprinkled during the illustrated step by step directions for every weave approach are necessary advice from Karen to assist ascertain a gorgeous comprehensive piece.
Uncomplicated, subtle quilts sewn "by the block. "
Winner of the 2015 Australian Craft Award - most sensible New booklet
Today's quilters have many calls for on their time yet nonetheless are looking to create appealing quilts. by means of the Block indicates the time-poor quilter how you can make subtle, complex-looking quilts which are according to easy-to-assemble duvet blocks. The 18 quilts within the booklet function smooth cloth offerings and shrewdpermanent layout, yet all use ordinary quilting recommendations which are in almost each quilter's ability set.
Author Siobhan Rogers has designed quilts starting from crib- to king-size for beds in addition to numerous huge tasks appropriate for striking. 4 of the quilts have colorway diversifications that express the flexibility of the fundamental layout. The booklet is equipped based on approach corresponding to log cabins, half-square triangles, or curved piecing, yet each one undertaking bargains a brand new twist at the conventional tools of piecing and developing quilts. many of the cover blocks are outsized, which aid the quilter paintings successfully, and the writer bargains extra timesaving assistance.
- Paper Magic: Pop-Up Paper Craft: Origamic Architecture
- Exhibition 36: Mixed Media Demonstrations + Explorations
- Dating Quilts: From 1600 to the Present
- The Crocheter's Treasure Chest: 80 Classic Patterns for Tablecloths, Bedspreads, Doilies and Edgings (Dover Knitting, Crochet, Tatting, Lace)
Additional info for The Refashion Handbook: Refit, Redesign, Remake for Every Body
2. Align and trace, with an air-soluble marker, the curved corner template (page 116) on each bottom corner of the linen and lining flap pieces. Trim to create the curved corners. 3. Press a 15˝ piece of bias binding to make it nice and flat. Use dots of fabric glue to tack it down along the center of the bag flap (see page 46). After the glue is dry (I help this along with my iron), topstitch ¹⁄16 ˝ away from both long edges with linen-colored thread. Trim off the extra. Stem Messenger Bag 45 4.
Sew along a long edge and press the seam allowance open. Follow the 2˝ manufacturer’s instructions to apply fusible web to the wrong side of the assembled piece. Peel off the backing. Repeat with the other leaf rectangles for a 2˝ Center total of 6 leaves. 2. Use an air-soluble marker to trace the leaf template on the right side of the 6 patchwork pieces, aligning the center line of the template with the seam. Carefully cut out the leaves. Set aside. Making the bag flap 1. Iron the fusible interfacing to the back of the linen flap, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Bind the quilt using your preferred binding method or refer to Double-fold Binding (page 25). 40 Z AK K A S T YLE Zakka Block Quilt 41 Stem Messenger Bag A bold, colorful appliquéd stem of leaves adds to the appeal of this practical messenger bag. It features a sturdy adjustable strap along with lots of pockets and space for holding your F I N I S H E D : 13˝ wide × 11˝ high × 3˝ deep (excluding the strap) phone, a laptop, even that new knitting project you just started! Materials and Supplies Yardage is based on 45˝-wide fabric, unless otherwise noted.