By Sasha Goldshtein, Dima Zurbalev, Ido Flatow
Maximizing the functionality of your algorithms and purposes is very very important and will provide you with a aggressive virtue, a cheaper price of possession, and happier clients. Pro .NET Performance explains the internals of home windows, the CLR, and the actual that impact the functionality of your purposes, and provides you the data and instruments to degree how your code plays in isolation from exterior factors.
The publication is filled with C# code samples and easy methods to assist you squeeze each piece of juice out of your application—lower reminiscence usage, constant CPU utilization, and less I/O operations around the community and disk. Pro .NET Performance will switch how you take into consideration .NET program development.
• publications you thru functionality dimension with numerous profilers and different instruments
• Explains how OS and CLR internals have an effect on your application’s functionality in unforeseen methods
• provide you with information and real-life case experiences for making improvements to program functionality
What you’ll learn
• degree your code’s functionality with profilers and different instruments.
• comprehend the place the bottlenecks are and concentrate on the fitting sector for functionality development.
• deal with reminiscence successfully via interacting thoroughly with the rubbish collector.
• keep away from universal pitfalls by means of selecting the best abstractions.
• comprehend the functionality implications of the underlying working process and runtime.
• enhance the functionality of your functions by way of parallelization, caching, micro-optimization, and different recommendations.
Who this booklet is for
Pro .NET Performance is for operating .NET builders who care in regards to the functionality in their functions. It calls for uncomplicated familiarity with home windows and the CLR, yet courses the reader alongside the way in which and doesn't require past adventure with any performance-measurement instruments. Pro .NET Performance additionally bargains sensible tips, case stories, and low-level wisdom for skilled builders and designers.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: functionality Metrics
bankruptcy 2: functionality size
bankruptcy three: sort Internals
bankruptcy four: rubbish assortment
bankruptcy five: Collections and Generics
bankruptcy 6: Concurrency and Parallelism
bankruptcy 7: Networking, I/O, and Serialization
bankruptcy eight: detrimental Code and Interoperability
bankruptcy nine: set of rules Optimization
bankruptcy 10: functionality styles
bankruptcy eleven: internet program functionality
Read Online or Download Pro .NET Performance: Optimize Your C# Applications PDF
Best programming books
OpenGL ES 2. zero is the industry’s major software program interface and pix library for rendering refined 3D photos on hand-held and embedded units. With OpenGL ES 2. zero, the whole programmability of shaders is now to be had on small and conveyable devices—including mobile phones, PDAs, consoles, home equipment, and cars.
Written by way of a pioneer within the box, it is a thorough advisor to the associated fee- and time-saving merits of Flow-Based Programming. It explains the theoretical underpinnings and alertness of this programming approach in functional phrases. Readers are proven the right way to follow this programming in a couple of components and the way to prevent universal pitfalls.
The Objective-C speedy Syntax Reference is a condensed code and syntax connection with the preferred Objective-C programming language, that is the center language at the back of the APIs present in the Apple iOS and Mac OS SDKs. It provides the fundamental Objective-C syntax in a well-organized layout that may be used as a convenient reference.
Object-Oriented Programming in C++ starts off with the fundamental ideas of the C++ programming language and systematically introduces more and more complex themes whereas illustrating the OOP method. whereas the constitution of this publication is identical to that of the former version, every one bankruptcy displays the most recent ANSI C++ ordinary and the examples were completely revised to mirror present practices and criteria.
- AppleScript: The Definitive Guide (2nd Edition)
- Professional WCF 4: Windows Communication Foundation with .NET 4 (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)
- Programming iOS 5: Fundamentals of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Development
- Microsoft® FrontPage® Version 2002 Step by Step (Cpg Step By Step)
- Programming the IBM 7090: a self-instructional programmed manual
- 16-Bit-Mikroprozessorsysteme: Aufbau, Arbeitsweise und Programmierung
Extra info for Pro .NET Performance: Optimize Your C# Applications
A ll r ig h ts r e s e r v e d . P r in te d in U S A . s c r 110 A T M : In v e r s e M u ltip le x o v e r A T M IM A L o g ic a l L in k n x T 1 /E 1 lin k s IM A u s e s IM A Co n tr o l P r o to c o l (ICP ) Ce lls • T r a n s m itte d p e r io d ic a lly • T o tr a n s m it in fo r m a tio n to r e c o n s tr u c t th e A T M c e ll s tr e a m ICP Ce lls a r e s e r v e d in r o u n d r o b in fa s h io n ICP Ce lls p r o v id e o r d e r o f lin k s in th e g ro u p A C C -3 0 0 0 8 0 2 2 _ 0 5 _ 2 0 0 3 _ c3 © 2 0 0 3 , C is c o S y s te m s , In c .
A ll rig h ts re s e rv e d . Co p y r ig h t © 2 0 0 3 , Cis c o S y s te m s , In c . A ll r ig h ts r e s e r v e d . P r in te d in U S A . s c r 68 O p en D ead D e b u g P P P N e g o tia tio n E s t. T e rm . A u th . N e tw . 863: A C C -3 0 0 0 8 0 2 2 _ 0 5 _ 2 0 0 3 _ c3 Se8/0 Se8/0 Se8/0 Se8/0 Se8/0 Se8/0 Se8/0 PPP: PAP: PAP: PAP: PAP: PAP: PPP: Phase is AUTHENTICATING, by both [0 sess, 1 load] O AUTH-REQ id 11 len 18 from "router1" I AUTH-REQ id 11 len 18 from "router2" Authenticating peer router2 O AUTH-ACK id 11 len 5 I AUTH-ACK id 11 len 5 Phase is UP [0 sess, 2 load] 69 © 2 0 0 3 , C is c o S y s te m s , In c .
Co p y r ig h t © 2 0 0 3 , Cis c o S y s te m s , In c . A ll r ig h ts r e s e r v e d . P r in te d in U S A . 5 Type escape sequence to abort. 102: frame relay INARP received. 5 dlci 102(0x66,0x1860), static, broadcast,, status defined, active • M a k e s u r e “ b r o a d c a s t” k e y w o r d is o n e n d o f m a p s ta te m e n t s o r o u tin g u p d a te s (a n d o th e r b r o a d c a s t p a c k e ts ) w ill p a s s A C C -3 0 0 0 8 0 2 2 _ 0 5 _ 2 0 0 3 _ c3 77 © 2 0 0 3 , C is c o S y s te m s , In c .