By Hermann Helbig
The booklet provides an interdisciplinary method of wisdom illustration and the remedy of semantic phenomena of average language, that is situated among synthetic intelligence, computational linguistics, and cognitive psychology. The proposed approach relies on Multilayered prolonged Semantic Networks (MultiNets), which are used for theoretical investigations into the semantics of traditional language, for cognitive modeling, for describing lexical entries in a computational lexicon, and for normal language processing (NLP). half I offers with primary difficulties of semantic wisdom illustration and semantic interpretation of ordinary language phenomena. half II presents a scientific description of the representational technique of MultiNet, some of the most entire and carefully exact collections of kin and services utilized in actual NLP functions. MultiNet is embedded right into a procedure of software program instruments comprising a workbench for the information engineer, a semantic interpreter translating common language expressions into formal which means constructions, and a workbench for the pc lexicographer. The booklet has been used for classes in man made intelligence at a number of universities and is among the cornerstones for instructing computational linguistics in a digital digital laboratory.
Read or Download Knowledge Representation and the Semantics of Natural Language PDF
Best storage & retrieval books
The publication offers an interdisciplinary method of wisdom illustration and the therapy of semantic phenomena of typical language, that is situated among synthetic intelligence, computational linguistics, and cognitive psychology. The proposed technique is predicated on Multilayered prolonged Semantic Networks (MultiNets), that are used for theoretical investigations into the semantics of common language, for cognitive modeling, for describing lexical entries in a computational lexicon, and for traditional language processing (NLP).
Net mining goals to find priceless details and information from internet links, web page contents, and utilization information. even supposing internet mining makes use of many traditional information mining options, it's not in basic terms an software of conventional info mining end result of the semi-structured and unstructured nature of the internet information.
Semantic types for Multimedia Database looking out and perusing starts off with the advent of multimedia info purposes, the necessity for the improvement of the multimedia database administration structures (MDBMSs), and the $64000 concerns and demanding situations of multimedia platforms. The temporal relatives, the spatial family members, the spatio-temporal kinfolk, and a number of other semantic versions for multimedia info platforms also are brought.
This ebook collects ECM learn from the tutorial self-discipline of data structures and similar fields to aid teachers and practitioners who're attracted to knowing the layout, use and influence of ECM structures. It additionally offers a useful source for college kids and teachers within the box. “Enterprise content material administration in info platforms learn – Foundations, tools and situations” consolidates our present wisdom on how today’s companies can deal with their electronic info resources.
- A Guide to Data Compression Methods
- Tricks of the internet gurus
- Concepts, Ontologies, and Knowledge Representation
- Semantic Web Services: Theory, Tools and Applications
- Fundamentals of Multimedia
- Algebraic Circuits
Additional resources for Knowledge Representation and the Semantics of Natural Language
7) with the description of the state of affairs “the house on the Schiller Square is large”, which is represented by the arc (G02 PROP large). In the ﬁrst sentence (attributive use of “large”), the stated property belongs to the meaning range of the concept G01 and, therefore, to its concept capsule. In the second case (predicative use of “large”), the object G02 is already uniquely characterized by the phrase “the house at the Schiller Square” with [REFER = det] for G02. The node G02 is additionally described by the assertion of a property, which is the reason why the PROP arc has not been included into the deﬁnitional capsule.
2 and 15). Nevertheless, a further underpinning from linguistic or psychological quarters would be very helpful. Since a comparison with other knowledge representation formalisms and methods will be comprehensible only after an explanation of the representational means of MultiNet, this juxtaposition must be postponed to the end of this work (see Chap. 15). An overview of the representational means, which are described in full detail in Part II, is given in Fig. 2. 22 3. 2. 1 Sorts and Features Almost all paradigms of knowledge representation are based on a so-called ontology of the entities to be represented: ¯ A classiﬁcation of concepts from an epistemic point of view, which to a certain degree also mirrors a classiﬁcation of the real world according to ontological aspects, is called an ontology.
5. Overview of the multilayer model of MultiNet preextensional level corresponds to the sorts at the intensional level. The sorts are not shown in Fig. 5 (see Part II, Sect. 1). e. parts of the real or a possible world) could never be mirrored completely in a knowledge representation (be it on a computer or in the human mind). Sets – even ﬁnite sets – are always only exemplarily modeled by some selected elements or by a prototypical representative for the whole set, a fact which is also conﬁrmed by psychological investigations .