By Pierre-Laurent Chatain, Raul Hernandez-Coss, Kamil Borowik, Andrew Zerzan
Integrity in Mobil cell monetary prone explores thoughts to spot and deal with capability funds laundering and terrorist financing dangers in cellular monetary providers. The paper presents counsel at the top technique of assessing perceived as opposed to genuine dangers and identifies particular measures to mitigate the particular hazards.
Read Online or Download Integrity in Mobile Phone Financial Services: Measures for Mitigating the Risks of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (World Bank Working Papers) PDF
Similar money & monetary policy books
An excellent consultant with all of the fundamentals to appreciate different sorts of trade expense regimes and the demanding situations they pose to assorted economies.
Nationwide currencies seem to be threatened from both sides. eu Union member international locations are because of abandon their nationwide currencies in favour of a supranational foreign money by way of the 12 months 2000. in other places, using foreign exchange inside of nationwide fiscal areas is at the elevate, as proven by way of the expansion of eurocurrency job, and foreign money substitution in lots of components of the area.
John Maynard Keynes (1883–1946) was once surely some of the most influential thinkers of the 20 th century. His paintings revolutionised the speculation and perform of contemporary economics. It has had a profound impression at the method economics is taught and written, and on fiscal coverage, all over the world. The amassed Writings of John Maynard Keynes, released in complete in digital and paperback layout for the 1st time, makes on hand in thirty volumes all of Keynes’s released books and articles.
With contemporary turmoil in monetary markets all over the world, this targeted and up to date e-book addresses a couple of hard matters relating to financial coverage, monetary markets and macroeconomic policy.
While the various chapters handle the new concern in addition to alterations to the Basel Accord, others examine the necessary adjustments to the behavior of financial and monetary regulations. the prestigious authors supply an in-depth and accomplished research of macroeconomics and supply substitute rules to accommodate a couple of continual modern day problems.
Offering an attractive research of present financial concerns from a Post-Keynesian standpoint, this e-book will attract lecturers and graduate scholars of macroeconomics and monetary markets.
‘The quantity credits, funds and Macroeconomic coverage edited by means of Claude Gnos and Louis-Philippe Rochon, represents a most crucial contribution to our knowing of the character and function of credits and cash in smooth economies. It offers with the most urgent problems with our time; as such it constitutes a useful consultant for the comprehension of the results of the final 20 years of inflation focusing on guidelines. ’
– Giuseppe Fontana, college of Leeds, united kingdom and collage of Sannio, Italy.
Contributors: A. Asensio, R. Bellofiore, R. W. Dimand, A. Fumagalli, C. Gnos, R. Guttmann, J. Halevi, E. Hein, S. Karagiannis, T. T. Koutsobinas, S. Lucarelli, Y. Panagopoulos, A. Parguez, L. -P. Rochon, S. Rossi, M. Sawyer, U. ? ener, M. Setterfield, R. Sobreira, A. D. Spiliotis, A. Truger, P. Zendron.
- Chasing Mammon
- Choice in Currency: A Way to Stop Inflation
- Political Economy of the Swiss National Bank
- Globalizing Capital: A History of the International Monetary System (Second Edition)
- Information Dissemination in Currency Crises
Extra resources for Integrity in Mobile Phone Financial Services: Measures for Mitigating the Risks of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (World Bank Working Papers)
75. Maxis. qxd 5/20/08 38 9:19 AM Page 38 World Bank Working Paper general public. For the industry, robust internal surveillance mechanisms are critical to protecting their business and reputation, and to building confidence among customers. Likewise, FATF Recommendation 15 clearly requires financial institutions (banks and non-banks) to develop AML and CFT programs (FATF 2003). These programs should include, among others, internal policies, procedures, and controls, including appropriate compliance management arrangements and an audit function to test the system.
Qxd 5/20/08 9:19 AM Page 15 Integrity in Mobile Phone Financial Services 15 threaten economic development. 32 AML and CFT regulations that do not recognize local conditions may hinder efforts to expand financial access (Isern and others 2005). Regulations that ignore the often stark differences in market environment and institutional capacity within and between countries could make for an inefficient preventive regime. Recent evidence (Bester and others, Forthcoming) suggests that such obstacles are fully avoidable granted that policymakers modify their specifications according to local necessity in order to be realistic, flexible, and driven by a risk-based analysis in their approach to AML and CFT regulations.
53. The Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) developed a model for evaluating internal controls in 1992 that has been adopted as the generally accepted framework for internal control. It is widely recognized as the definitive standard against which organizations measure the effectiveness of their systems of internal control. qxd 5/20/08 9:19 AM Page 33 CHAPTER 4 Applying FATF Recommendations to m-FS hile the previous chapter addressed the observed and perceived risks of the m-FS categories, this chapter covers the extent to which the mitigation practices observed are actually consistent with the international AML and CFT standards.