By Scott C. Stevenson
Originally released by means of Stevenson, Inc., this useful source offers libraries with assistance, concepts, and top practices to devise and execute potent fundraising occasions. as well as step by step methods, this source additionally offers worthy checklists and worksheets in addition to fundraising occasion profiles utilized by numerous libraries to generate wanted funds.
Important themes coated include:
- Fundraising essentials
- Checklist advisor for making plans a gala
- Key questions for first-time events
- Budget saving tips
- Annual specified events
- Effective silent auctions
- Event sponsors
- Boosting sponsorship revenue
- Press releases
- Documenting events
- Guest engagement
- Post-event follow-up
- Event evaluation
- Marketing and promotion
Please observe that a few content material featured within the unique model of this identify has been got rid of during this released model as a result of permissions issues.Content:
Chapter 1 choosing the right occasion, focusing on the ideal viewers (pages 4–7):
Chapter 2 Pre?Event making plans: First Steps (pages 8–12):
Chapter three making a finances to imagine gains (pages 13–16):
Chapter four Outlining an Organizational constitution (pages 17–19):
Chapter five principles and topics (pages 20–26):
Chapter 6 Revenue?Generating parts (pages 27–32):
Chapter 7 Maximizing Sponsorship profit (pages 33–36):
Chapter eight try for Record?Breaking Attendance (pages 37–40):
Chapter nine Logistics: foodstuff, Refreshments, courses and extra (pages 41–45):
Chapter 10 selling and Publicizing Your occasion (pages 46–50):
Chapter eleven Pump Up the Wow issue (pages 51–55):
Chapter 12 Post?Event overview, Follow?Up activities (pages 56–59):
Read or Download Fundraising for Libraries: How to Plan Profitable Special Events PDF
Similar nonprofit organizations & charities books
Money circulation techniques bargains nonprofit enterprises an cutting edge method of monetary administration. during this spouse to the money circulation answer, the authors, Richard and Anna Linzer, display their approach--which emphasizes using funds move options that let a company to have the operating capital it wishes.
Reliable suggestions for the advanced felony concerns confronted via overseas nonprofitsWhen a nonprofit operates throughout borders, even if by way of making offers or without delay working courses, the interplay between criminal requisites of 2 or extra international locations fast turns into hugely advanced. the right way to Be an international Nonprofit fills a necessity for felony and functional assistance for nonprofit businesses with overseas actions, and comprises ten case reviews to supply insights into the methods genuine agencies have handled numerous criminal and useful concerns.
Initially released by way of Stevenson, Inc. , this functional source positive factors goal-setting approaches, how one can have interaction key employees and others, and motion plans for shaping powerful annual fundraising thoughts for nonprofit agencies. very important subject matters lined include:Annual greenback and participation goalsBoard engagementCommittee objectivesFirst-year plansDirect mail appealsQuantifiable objectivesStaff retreatsMonitoring progressOutreach to diversified audiencesVolunteer involvementAnalysis and evaluationPlease be aware that a few content material featured within the unique model of this name has been got rid of during this released model as a result of permissions matters.
- Local Organizations in Decentralized Development: Their Functions and Performance in India (Directions in Development)
- Reinventing Your Board (J-B Carver Board Governance Series)
- Starting and Managing a Nonprofit Organization: A Legal Guide, Sixth Edition
- Lasting Legacy to the Carolinas: The Duke Endowment, 1924–1994
- Why Nonprofits Fail: Overcoming Founder's Syndrome, Fundphobia and Other Obstacles to Success
Extra info for Fundraising for Libraries: How to Plan Profitable Special Events
6. 7. 8. 9. 10. The Salvation Army (Alexandria, Virginia) Goodwill Industries International (Rockville, Maryland) Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (New York) Boys & Girls Clubs of America (Atlanta, Georgia) Habitat for Humanity International (Americas, Georgia) Boy Scouts of America (Irving, Texas) Of these ten, the national headquarters for eight are located in the East, one in the Midwest and one in the Southwest. All of these nonprofits with the exception the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center have state and/or regional offices around the country to help serve their constituencies.
In our nonprofit economics course, for example, understanding the difference in nonprofit economics and for-profit economics and then its application to practice is an important part of the course. Do you fi nd that students who come in to the graduate courses of nonprofit management have a better understanding of forprofit models? In our students there is a defi nite difference in the master’s students coming straight out of college versus the people who have been out in the field coming back.
Komen, the American Airlines entry includes the following text: Susan G. Komen for the Cure(r) and American Airlines have been partners in the fight against breast cancer since 1992. American Airlines is the exclusive airline sponsor for the Komen Race for the Cure(r) Series and in 1994, American Airlines was named the “official airline carrier” of the Series. Clearly the benefit of these partnerships is mutual. The nonprofit receives large donations and other funding, and the corporate sponsors can link their brand to a popular cause.