By Angela Walters
Renowned computer quilter Angela Walters will encourage you to aim whatever new! learn how to sew her clean continuous-line designs in your longarm or family laptop. contains step by step directions for continuous-line swirls, circles, squares, vines, arcs, and issues. utilizing simple free-motion abilities you have already got, observe easy methods to method quilting a contemporary cover by way of operating with daring materials and unfavorable house, uniting a number of shapes, and mixing designs. Draw proposal from outstanding photos of 20 sleek quilts displaying Angela's designs. You'll love her useful recommendation for selecting the appropriate development to offer your smooth duvet greatest influence.
Read Online or Download Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: Choose & Use Quilting Designs on Modern Quilts PDF
Best crafts books
Eric Gjerde demonstrates 25 of his favourite tessellations and turns them into tasks for newbies in addition to skilled origamists. With step by step directions, illustrated crease styles, and how-to photographs, you'll discover ways to create those incredible designs your self. Eric's first publication covers the basics of origami tessellations, presents background, and describes easy starting suggestions with distinct illustrations and images.
Twenty-five attractive origami tasks of aquatic creatures characteristic mollusks, crustaceans, frogs, fishes, and sea mammals. Ranging in trouble from uncomplicated to complicated, versions contain Siamese struggling with fish, walrus, whales, conches, swordfish, crab, lobster, and so forth. Step-by-step illustrations increase the detailed directions.
Chain maille styles and weaves that take jewellery layout into new frontiers!
Jewelry artists will take pleasure in a suite of recent, less-common weaves and demanding initiatives that encourage and educate.
Author Karen Karon starts off by way of reviewing easy chain maille weaves for you to set the degree for the extra advanced weaves during this publication. She explains options wanted whilst operating past the fundamentals: equipment for ultimate a weave, operating with micro jewelry, operating huge scale, and utilizing substitute fabrics in weaves. The e-book is then divided into four sections, every one dedicated to a selected form of weave: new Persian weaves, Elf-based weaves, Hybrid weaves, and Scale Maille weaves that include sheet steel scales into conventional weaves for a amazing impact. Sprinkled through the illustrated step by step directions for every weave process are priceless advice from Karen to assist determine a stunning comprehensive piece.
Basic, refined quilts sewn "by the block. "
Winner of the 2015 Australian Craft Award - top New publication
Today's quilters have many calls for on their time yet nonetheless are looking to create attractive quilts. via the Block indicates the time-poor quilter find out how to make refined, complex-looking quilts which are according to easy-to-assemble cover blocks. The 18 quilts within the e-book characteristic glossy cloth offerings and shrewdpermanent layout, yet all use average quilting recommendations which are in almost each quilter's ability set.
Author Siobhan Rogers has designed quilts starting from crib- to king-size for beds in addition to numerous huge initiatives appropriate for putting. 4 of the quilts have colorway diversifications that express the flexibility of the fundamental layout. The ebook is prepared based on procedure equivalent to log cabins, half-square triangles, or curved piecing, yet every one venture deals a brand new twist at the conventional equipment of piecing and developing quilts. a few of the duvet blocks are outsized, which support the quilter paintings successfully, and the writer bargains extra timesaving information.
- Beaded Jewelry with Found Objects: Incorporate Anything from Buttons to Shells
- Sewing 101, Revised and Updated: Master Basic Skills and Techniques Easily through Step-by-Step Instruction
- Patchwork City: 75 Innovative Blocks for the Modern Quilter - Sampler Quilts
- Sea Glass Crafts: 28 Fun Projects You Can Make at Home
Extra info for Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: Choose & Use Quilting Designs on Modern Quilts
3. From this point, sharply change directions and quilt an arc shape about the length of the first swirl. Try to keep it in line with the swirl below it and about 1/2˝ from the edge. 4. At the end of the arc, don’t stop. Quilt the inside of the next swirl and echo back out until you are almost on the downhill side. Lines & Vines 45 5. Repeat the swirls and arcs until you are near the top of the block. Quilt the inside of another swirl. 6. This time, echo the swirl all the way around until you are inside the arc below it.
6. Quilt a second elongated loop that lines up with the outer point. Return to the inner corner. Lines & Vines 57 Pulleys Pulleys is a variation of Back & Forth (page 56). Adding a circle to the design really changes the look of this pattern. It works best in long, skinny areas of quilting. 1. From an edge of the quilting area, quilt a horizontal line toward the opposite edge. 2. As you reach the opposite edge, quilt a small circle. Trace around the circle so you end at the bottom of the circle.
Continue quilting the alternating curves until you reach the end of the quilting area. 48 FREE-MOTION QUILTING with Angela Walters Wavy Lines Oh, how I love wavy lines! They are one of my all-time favorite designs. You can use them to draw your eyes to a focal point of your quilt or to add movement, whether vertical or horizontal. It seems like every week I am finding more and more uses for this easy, versatile design. 1. For vertical or horizontal wavy lines, determine the top and bottom of your quilting area.