By Pierre M Adler; Jean-François Thovert; Valeri V Mourzenko
This ebook offers a scientific remedy of the geometrical and delivery houses of fractures, fracture networks, and fractured porous media.
It is split into significant components. the 1st half offers with geometry of person fractures and of fracture networks. using the dimensionless density rationalizes the consequences for the percolation threshold of the networks. It offers the an important good thing about grouping the numerical info for numerous fracture shapes.
The moment half offers generally with permeability less than regular stipulations of fractures, fracture networks, and fractured porous media. back the implications for numerous different types of networks should be rationalized via the dimensionless density. A bankruptcy is devoted to 2 part circulation in fractured porous media
Read or Download Fractured porous media PDF
Similar geophysics books
The aim of utilized Geothermics for Petroleum Engineers is to provide in a transparent and concise shape equipment of using the knowledge of temperature surveys in deep boreholes in addition to the result of box, laboratory and analytical investigations in geothermics to a large viewers. even though a few elements of the topic of this ebook were mentioned in numerous past books and diverse papers, utilized Geothermics for Petroleum Engineers is the 1st booklet in this subject to be had to the petroleum engineering group.
In regards to the ProductPublished through the yankee Geophysical Union as a part of the Antarctic examine sequence. content material:
Concerning the ProductPublished via the yankee Geophysical Union as a part of the AGU Reference Shelf sequence. the aim of this instruction manual is to supply, in hugely obtainable shape, chosen serious info for pro and pupil good Earth and planetary geophysicists. insurance of themes and authors have been rigorously selected to satisfy those pursuits.
- The Chemistry and pharmacology of Taxol® and its derivatives
- Exploding Wires: Volume 2 Proceedings of the Second Conference on the Exploding Wire Phenomenon, Held at Boston, November 13–15, 1961, under the Sponsorship of the Geophysics Research Directorate, Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratories, Office of Aeros
- Mechanics of porous and fractured media
- Reefs of Florida and the Dry Tortugas: Miami to Key West, Florida July 2-7, 1989
- Alpine-Mediterranean Geodynamics
Additional resources for Fractured porous media
2. On the meter scale, a block of dark grey Hercynian granite (about 52 × 35 × 36 cm3 ) was analyzed in detail by Led´esert et al. (1993). Trace maps were drawn from nine sections of the block and one of them is displayed in Fig. 2a. The fracture pattern appeared to be composed of two main families A and B, at about ±30◦ inclination angle from the vertical axis. A three-dimensional representation of the whole network was shown in Fig. 3. It is also seen that the traces are not perfectly straight, indicating that the corresponding fractures are not plane.
16b in dimensional terms for various I2 OUD shapes. e. 1. An exponent equal to or greater than 4 can be rationalized by considering the fact that the formation of a polyhedron requires the intersection of at least four fractures. However, the lines in Fig. 7% in the investigated range. Note that the data in Fig. 16 were obtained recently with much larger sample sizes than in Huseby et al. (1997) which explains the diﬀerences in the results. 5. 5 Concluding remarks It has been shown in the previous examples that ρ is a crucial quantity whose knowledge is a key to basic properties of fracture networks.
5. 5 Concluding remarks It has been shown in the previous examples that ρ is a crucial quantity whose knowledge is a key to basic properties of fracture networks. 48 The geometry of fracture networks Therefore, the next question is how to extract this information from ﬁeld measurements. 1, fractures are only visible on outcrops and measurements can be performed along lines or over surfaces. It is the purpose of the next two sections to show how such information can be derived by elementary means.