By Nathan Yocom, Visit Amazon's John Turner Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, John Turner, , Visit Amazon's Keir Davis Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Keir Davis,
* transparent and ample examples, utilizing real-world code, written through 3 skilled builders who write networking code for a dwelling.
* Describes how one can construct consumers and servers, explains how TCP, UDP, and IP paintings, and exhibits tips to debug networking purposes through packet sniffing and deconstruction.
* compatible for home windows developer trying to extend to Linux, or for the educated Linux developer seeking to include client-server programming into their software.
Read Online or Download Definitive Guide to Linux Network Programming PDF
Best linux books
Make a journey into the area of structures management, programming, networking, tech help, and dwelling in Silicon Valley. The Bozo Loop is a set of reports from 2011 which reveal the interior workings of items a few humans may fairly retain quiet.
Inside, you'll find out what it's prefer to be a lady operating at one of many tech sector's darling businesses, and whilst advertising doesn't fit truth. See the side-effects of bean-counters arriving and beginning to squeeze the existence out of a formerly-vibrant engineering culture.
You're alongside for the journey as undesirable person interfaces are referred to as out and ripped aside piece by means of piece. you may also see what occurs while technicians mutiny and the real that means of "Project Darkness" and "Umbrellagate", together with pictures!
There also are stories of troubleshooting loopy difficulties for webhosting consumers and rigging really evil hacks to maintain badly-designed platforms operating. ultimately, you could find out about more moderen tasks just like the large Trunking Scanner, and what it takes to construct a procedure that no-one has ever attempted before.
Hosers, ramrods and bozos alike, pay attention!
Up to date for the newest LPIC-1 assessments a hundred and one and 102
The LPIC-1 certification measures your figuring out of the Linux Kernel. because the Linux server industry maintains to develop, so does the call for for qualified Linux directors. arrange for the most recent types of the LPIC-1 checks a hundred and one and 102 with the hot version of this specific learn advisor. This sensible ebook covers key Linux management issues and all examination targets and comprises real-world examples and overview inquiries to assist you perform your talents. moreover, you'll achieve entry to an entire set of on-line research instruments, together with bonus perform checks, digital flashcards, and more.
• Prepares applicants to take the Linux expert Institute checks one zero one and 102 and accomplish their LPIC-1 certification
• Covers all examination targets and lines multiplied insurance on key themes within the exam
• comprises real-world situations, and hard overview questions
• themes comprise procedure structure, install, GNU and Unix instructions, Linux filesystems, crucial procedure prone, networking basics, defense, and more
Approach the LPIC-1 certification assessments with self assurance, with LPIC-1: Linux specialist Institute Certification research consultant, 3rd variation.
As Linux raises its presence during the international as a aim platform for pro program improvement, its progress as a strong, versatile approach supplying many loose improvement instruments assures its position sooner or later. via supplying you with quick access to this accomplished diversity of instruments, assisting new and nascent applied sciences, at very little fee, constructing with Linux helps you to follow the answer that is best for you.
The Debian GNU/Linux working approach methods Linux method management another way than different well known Linux distributions, favoring text-based configuration mechanisms over graphical person interfaces (GUIs). Debian might sound simplistic or even a bit of outmoded, however it is admittedly very strong, scalable, and safe.
- Building Embedded Linux Systems
- Linux and Open: VMS Interoperability. Tricks for Old Dogs, New Dogs and Hot Dogs with Open Systems
- Learning Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora
- Ubuntu on a Dime: The Path to Low-Cost Computing (Path to Low Cost Computing)
- RHCSA RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide (Exams EX200 & EX300), 6th Edition (Certification Press)
Additional info for Definitive Guide to Linux Network Programming
Com. com have a list of the servers handling a particular domain. A request for that particular name is handled by the server responsible, not by the root servers. Further delegation is possible, because a company or other organization can have its own domain name servers. Let’s look at an example. You would like to visit the Apress website to download the source code used in this book. Putting everything we’ve discussed so far in this chapter together, that means your web browser is the client application, and the web server at Apress is the server application.
All networks need a common, physical medium to use for communications, the most popular of which is Ethernet. Ethernet uses a system of frames containing header and data portions. • Networks require the use of addressing so that one network node can find another network node. Addressing takes different forms, from MAC addresses used to identify physical network hardware interfaces to IP addresses used to identify virtual software addresses used by the TCP and IP network protocols. • The gateway rule means that a node does not need to know how to reach every other node on a network.
MX Mail Exchanger The name of the host acting as a mail exchanger for the domain. NS Name Server The name of an authoritative domain name server for this domain. qxd 7/8/04 9:09 PM Page 39 Networks and Protocols Table 1-10. Common DNS Record Types (continued) TYPE NAME PURPOSE PTR Pointer A record that points an IP address to a name. This is the reverse of an A record. SOA Start of Authority A multiple-field record specifying particulars for this domain, such as timeouts. As you can see, DNS information is public information, and you can easily obtain it once you know what to look for and which commands to use.