By Connie Ellison
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal>Complete with 87 certain stitches and 14 edgings, this all-in-one guide's crochet styles contain the multiples had to create the glance of the sew and translate them into new designs. sampler afghans are featured and will be made utilizing sew styles present in the booklet, which come with bobbles, shells, popcorn, ripple, textured, and open weave. each one layout deals a close-up colour picture plus directions and illustrations while wanted, making it a terrific addition to any crafter's reference library.
Read Online or Download 101 Crochet Stitch Patterns & Edgings (Annie's Attic: Crochet) PDF
Best crafts books
Eric Gjerde demonstrates 25 of his favourite tessellations and turns them into initiatives for beginners in addition to skilled origamists. With step by step directions, illustrated crease styles, and how-to images, you'll discover ways to create those fabulous designs your self. Eric's first publication covers the basics of origami tessellations, offers historical past, and describes basic starting thoughts with particular illustrations and images.
Twenty-five beautiful origami initiatives of aquatic creatures function mollusks, crustaceans, frogs, fishes, and sea mammals. Ranging in hassle from basic to complicated, versions contain Siamese battling fish, walrus, whales, conches, swordfish, crab, lobster, and so forth. Step-by-step illustrations increase the detailed directions.
Chain maille styles and weaves that take jewellery layout into new frontiers!
Jewelry artists will get pleasure from a suite of recent, less-common weaves and hard initiatives that encourage and educate.
Author Karen Karon starts off by means of reviewing uncomplicated chain maille weaves so as to set the level for the extra advanced weaves during this e-book. She explains suggestions wanted whilst operating past the fundamentals: tools for final a weave, operating with micro earrings, operating huge scale, and utilizing replacement fabrics in weaves. The booklet is then divided into four sections, every one dedicated to a selected form of weave: new Persian weaves, Elf-based weaves, Hybrid weaves, and Scale Maille weaves that comprise sheet steel scales into conventional weaves for a amazing impression. Sprinkled in the course of the illustrated step by step directions for every weave method are beneficial counsel from Karen to aid make sure a stunning comprehensive piece.
Uncomplicated, refined quilts sewn "by the block. "
Winner of the 2015 Australian Craft Award - top New booklet
Today's quilters have many calls for on their time yet nonetheless are looking to create attractive quilts. through the Block exhibits the time-poor quilter tips on how to make refined, complex-looking quilts which are in keeping with easy-to-assemble duvet blocks. The 18 quilts within the publication characteristic glossy cloth offerings and shrewdpermanent layout, yet all use ordinary quilting thoughts which are in nearly each quilter's ability set.
Author Siobhan Rogers has designed quilts starting from crib- to king-size for beds in addition to a number of huge tasks appropriate for striking. 4 of the quilts have colorway adaptations that convey the flexibility of the fundamental layout. The booklet is geared up in keeping with method resembling log cabins, half-square triangles, or curved piecing, yet each one venture bargains a brand new twist at the conventional equipment of piecing and developing quilts. the various cover blocks are outsized, which aid the quilter paintings successfully, and the writer bargains extra timesaving information.
- The Art of Fabric Collage: An Easy Introduction to Creative Sewing
- Handmade Hellos: Fresh Greeting Card Projects from First-Rate Crafters
- Upcycling Celebrations: A Use-What-You-Have Guide to Decorating, Gift-Giving & Entertaining
- Fabulous Origami Boxes
- Making Designer Bead and Wire Jewelry: Techniques for Unique Designs and Handmade Findings
- The Crochet Answer Book (2nd Edition)
Additional info for 101 Crochet Stitch Patterns & Edgings (Annie's Attic: Crochet)
3. From this point, sharply change directions and quilt an arc shape about the length of the first swirl. Try to keep it in line with the swirl below it and about 1/2˝ from the edge. 4. At the end of the arc, don’t stop. Quilt the inside of the next swirl and echo back out until you are almost on the downhill side. Lines & Vines 45 5. Repeat the swirls and arcs until you are near the top of the block. Quilt the inside of another swirl. 6. This time, echo the swirl all the way around until you are inside the arc below it.
6. Quilt a second elongated loop that lines up with the outer point. Return to the inner corner. Lines & Vines 57 Pulleys Pulleys is a variation of Back & Forth (page 56). Adding a circle to the design really changes the look of this pattern. It works best in long, skinny areas of quilting. 1. From an edge of the quilting area, quilt a horizontal line toward the opposite edge. 2. As you reach the opposite edge, quilt a small circle. Trace around the circle so you end at the bottom of the circle.
Continue quilting the alternating curves until you reach the end of the quilting area. 48 FREE-MOTION QUILTING with Angela Walters Wavy Lines Oh, how I love wavy lines! They are one of my all-time favorite designs. You can use them to draw your eyes to a focal point of your quilt or to add movement, whether vertical or horizontal. It seems like every week I am finding more and more uses for this easy, versatile design. 1. For vertical or horizontal wavy lines, determine the top and bottom of your quilting area.